Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Thursday, October 25, 2018

Never Alone


Never alone

I just need another week, I thought. If my husband hadn’t gotten sick and died, I would fallen behind by three payments to the bank. I told my friend Suzy next door but she couldn’t help, I was alone. Hearing the doorbell and looked out there was a crowd on my lawn and found one of my old students on my doorstep. Alfred had gone on to be the CEO of a major tech company.
“Alfred, how nice to see you.”
“Mrs. Jones, I had to come and see you I was so sorry to hear about your husband Bill.”
“Thank-you for the flowers. What are all these people doing here?”
“They all wanted to see you, but I’m the spokesperson,” Alfred answered then turning to the crowd he said “Stay here, I’ll be back.”
We went to the kitchen and sat down.
“We heard you needed a little help and we all wanted to help our favourite teacher,” Alfred explained handing me a cheque.
“I can’t accept this,” I said automatically.
“We are just paying you back what we owe you, even though this will never be enough. You nurtured us, encouraged us over the years none of us would have done so well if not for you, so please accept the money and save your house.”
I cried as Alfred repeated what I’d always told my students ‘A single seed of kindness bares fruit a hundred fold'
I saved my house and realized I was never alone.


©Sheilagh Lee  October 25, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment