Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Sunday, October 14, 2018

Alchemy


     
          I knew I shouldn’t go, but it called to me like a siren. Rowing my boat across the calm sea, climbing the cliffs, I couldn’t find the beacon of light. Looking for some semblance of a door, or a building, it appeared only rock and earth at my feet. Suddenly without warning a chasm opened up and I tumbled like on slide down.
Picking myself up at the bottom I saw a strikingly handsome man (his hair long dark and flowing) with a ladle moving it back and forth as if stir the pot.
“How did you get by my wards, Aurelia?” he asked.
“What are you doing, Jonathan?” I asked.
“Alchemy,” he answered,” The ultimate magic, isn’t it? Besides I need some cash.”
“Would you like some assistance?”
“Are you insinuating a man, can’t do what a woman can do?”
“Of course not!” I kidded, “The spell is almost right; but you must promise never to share this ingredient.”

“Fine.”
         I added the key ingredient then stirred the pot and the magic within roared, soaring a green light into the sky. I said the incantation and poured the waiting trays making gold into ingots.
Jonathan has pleaded with me to stay. Apparently I’m not just decorative! I decided to give him another chance; but he’s been warned to treat me with respect. I think he’ll do that, now that he’s seen how much magic I’ve held back. Someone always has the power in the relationship and that is mine.


©Sheilagh Lee  October 14 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment