Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Monday, September 10, 2018

It's going to be fine?


“It’s going to be fine.”
The words echoed through my brain as I dug the grave in the middle of the forest. My boyfriend, Andrew was my alibi. As long as no one came by or saw me in the next three hours then I’d be fine. I felt so guilty but if I hadn’t clobbered Paul over the head with that statue then he might have killed me or… No, I had to forget, the forest would take him and I’d never have to think about him again.
Driving back I made sure I wasn’t seen and the car returned. I entered the house through the backyard and crawled into bed beside a sleeping Andrew. When I woke it was late morning and Andrew was still sleeping his back to me. I kissed him on the cheek. He was cold and I pulled back the sheets to find him blue grey and dead.
I picked up my cell phone but it wouldn’t turn on. I heard noises in the kitchen and I picked up the lamp and walked into the kitchen.
“Missed me Sharron?” a dishevelled muddy and leaf covered Paul asked me.
I fainted, the doctor says I imagined Paul and killed Andrew; but I know the truth Paul came back from the dead and took the one person I loved. Paul is annoying and insistent that he’s staying with me forever.
I tell you this tale and beg you can you make him leave me alone?



©Sheilagh Lee  September10, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment