Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Friday, August 31, 2018

Whispers


     The townspeople seemed distant whispering and pretending they hadn’t been talking about me. Hearing snippets they mentioned his name...Hector. Hector, eighteen years ago and taken what he wanted from me leaving me with a child. For weeks, months I searched for him and then found him with another woman… married.
I birthed Hecuba, passing her off as my niece. She had recently married the man of her choice and now expected my grandbaby and then Hector came back. I wanted to truly curse him not just call out his name. I tried but the words wouldn’t come.
Just let it flow. I thought but to my surprise under the anger I still loved him. I must confront him, maybe anger would kill the small hope in me, that he still wanted me. I asked the tailor where he was and he told me Hector was in the town hall.
As I entered the hall I saw an archway of flowers and a priest standing there. All the townspeople stood there smiling.
“You’ve answered my summoning potion. I’m free from that awful woman’s spell. She tried to make me forget you but she didn’t succeed. Will you marry me, Xanthus?”
I nodded.
The townspeople clapped.
I found myself uttering the words… I do. If this is a spell I don’t care, for I have what I’ve always wanted a devoted husband and an acknowledged daughter. Hector’s magic and mine keep our town safe form harm.
©Sheilagh Lee  August 27, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment