Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Friends?


     Late and running to class literally ran into Byron a nerdy looking guy who was studying computers. He seemed nice and asked me out to coffee. I told him we could be friends, nothing else. He agreed. I saw him occasionally on campus and we said hi and bye. One day he invited me to a party when I got there I found out I was the only person there and turned to leave but he offered me a coffee and I drank it. That’s how I found myself here in this secret room in Byron’s basement wondering if I’ll ever get out.

“You okay down there, Amelia?”
“Are you freakin’ kidding me?”
“You don’t like the accommodations?” Byron chuckled and then I heard the sounds of him walking away.
Byron said he was going out for coffee and brought some back to me I drank it and woke up here.
I heard his footsteps come back.
“Ready to marry me now?” Byron asked.
I nodded up to him and he replied,” Too little, too late.”
“Please Byron. I made mistake. I love you, “I responded.
“You do? I knew you did,” he shouted.
Byron threw down the ladder and I climbed up to him. He kissed me on the lips and I gulped back bile pretending I like it. The minute his back was turned I ran out the front door. Down in the secret room he kept me in they found six mummified bodies, the other women he loved.
©Sheilagh Lee June 26, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment