Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Thursday, April 26, 2018

Pushed to Far


“I think we pushed too far, I man I pushed too far,” my husband told the man, I recognized as his brother, Dominic the shrink.
 I didn’t under any of this how had gotten here?  John had treated me badly for weeks beaten me kept me prisoner in the house but this? John had tried to kill me and changed his mind.
“Melanie, are you feeling better?” Dominic asked.
“Who are you?”
“Your doctor, Dominic Reiner. Do you know why you’re here?”
“Someone must have drugged me.”
“You know that’s not true, you took handfuls of those pills,” my husband blurted.
“John, would you wait outside?”
John compiled and left.
Dominic started his shrink mumbo jumbo. I of course insisted that I had been drugged but was ignored probably because Dominic was in on it I concluded. Weeks went by and I was trapped held against my will. Dominic plied me with drugs which I pretended to take and palmed. I told Dominic what he wanted to hear. Two months later I was released into my husband’s care.
John pretended to care made nice;  but when his back was turned I put my pills into his coffee and then I called an ambulance saying he’d tried to kill himself with my pills.  I transferred him to a safer environment for him, a hospital that still tried some of the older methods to cure depression. One of the doctor’s gave him a lobotomy John’s much nicer now.

©Sheilagh Lee April 26, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment