Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Muse


Muse
The last month not one word came from my head and into my computer. I poured a scotch and until I was hammered.
“Muse where have you gone?” I shouted, “I can’ see you anymore”
An eerie screeching sound permeated and filled my heart with dread.
“You just couldn’t do it yourself could you?” a beautiful woman stated appearing before me out of a puff of smoke.
She had hair of gold long and flowing; her the colour of violets and…
“Good grief, even the way you picture me is sexist. Mind if I transform myself into another image you have?”
I nodded speechless and she transformed into a nondescript woman with short brown hair who wore glasses and had brown hair.
“Who are you?” I asked.
“Duh, your muse, Calliope.”
“But my muse is just my inner voice.”
“Just like a man always taking credit for a woman’s work.”
“If you’re my muse where have you been the last month?”
“What am I your slave? I went on a well-earned vacation.”
“Are you going to help me now?”
“Already demanding things from me; can’t I have five minutes to get back in the swing of things?”
“I’m sorry.”
“That’s better. Let’s begin.”
Calliope dictated a story to me and then disappeared. I reformed and made it my own. The story was an even bigger best seller than my other books maybe that’s because I gave credit where credit was due with a dedication to my muse.
 ©Sheilagh Lee March 14, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment