Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Bittersweet


“Do you really need them now?” my nanny had asked about my cars as we went to the park. I run away at the park finding myself lost. Night came and I lie down on a bench and sleep until my parents come.

        I awoke to a young woman and a man. They seem familiar. They’ll take me to my daddy, so I go with them. The young woman spoke into a box like on Star Trek. I was frightened the young man comforted me. We reached a building and a young child ran to me then magically he turned into a man. I was baffled, how could this happen? I looked at the man and he looked like my dad, but he wasn’t my father. I searched my memories as he took my hand gently and hugged me.
“Dad, I’m so glad you’re okay.”

       I looked again at the man and I was scared he called me Dad; but I was a little boy wasn’t I? He sang to me, ‘You are my sunshine.’ and the memories rushed back, this was my son, Alan and my grandson Kevin and my granddaughter Helena had found me. My memory had failed me again; how much longer would I know them?
“Dad, I’ll be there with you, always,” my son said.

        I smile, for that is what I always said to him and he has brought me home. They love me let that be enough for it’s all I have.
 ©Sheilagh Lee March 6, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment