Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Tuesday writings #No 31~Heaven Sent


        Tuesday writings #No 31~Heaven Sent

 Prompts this week: dire, Ponzi, cossack


          My eighty year old grandmother cried into the phone and I too wanted to cry. Grandmother said she had sent a prayer up to god and a voice told her to call me. My grandmother had brought me up sacrificed much and when I done well in my career I’d set up a retirement savings plan so that she could retire in peace and with enough money to leave comfortably. She had moved into a retirement community where she could play bingo and enjoy herself with others her age and now she found herself in dire straits. All because she trusted a man who claimed to be a man of God; I was appalled this man calling himself a minster of God had bilked my grandmother and many of her friends out of their retirement savings all in the name of God. I didn’t quite understand how he’d done this but I knew it was illegal. It had to be!! I decided I would hire a P.I. after talking to the police who said they didn’t have anything on the good Reverend Tom. I went to my grandmother’s a as luck would have it she said, “You don’t have to google anything here’s a phone book.”
I told her the phone book must be outdated and that I hadn’t seen one in years but she insisted that some of the numbers hadn’t changed and I should use it to find the private investigator. We sent up a prayer to God to help us find the right man or woman for the job.
       To humour her I did just that opening the pages at random I turned to private investigators and Grandma looking over my shoulder said, “You should call that one dear. It says if you’re in need of an angel to help you in time of turmoil and trouble, call him.”
The name was Jack Chaumel on the ad and I dialled. We talked and he said he’d look into it a week went by and I received a call to come to his office. I went to a nondescript office in a poorer part of town mounting the stairs I entered a dingy office with a table and two chairs taking a chair I asked, “Did you follow the money?”
“I followed the money. That creep is bilking all of his parishioners not just your grandmother and his friends out of their money in a Ponzi scheme,” Jack Chaumel answered.
“I can’t believe this. I thought he might be up to something but aren’t Ponzi schemes on a grand scale. ”
“He’s done this before.”
“Where?”
“Better to ask where he hasn’t. He’s done this all over the U.S.”
“Is there any way to get the money back?”
“The money is still in his bank account we’ll see.”
“We need to stop him from fleeing with tonight’s proceeds,” I said looking down the aisle at the Reverend Tom.”
“Just watch.”
As he said this several people came out of the audience with guns raised yelling, “Police Officers “ and then telling Reverend Tom to get on the floor of the revival tent.  They searched him for weapon surprisingly he had a gun in a holster he had at his thigh under his Cossack. When I turned around Jack Chaumel was gone.
Several months later “Reverend” Alexander Tom was sentenced to twenty years for mail fraud, money laundering, and fraud. The money that was in Reverend Tom’s bank account mysteriously disappeared, but envelopes with the exact amounts missing appeared in his victim’s mail boxes. As for the P.I, people in the neighbourhood say they never saw his office there and he has disappeared as if he never existed. Some say they saw an Archangel Chaumel who helped us solve our problem the day of the arrest, maybe they were right. All I know is that Jack was heaven sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment