Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Mother's Love


          A Mother's Love

            Scurrying out the door I noticed with dismay that the snow flurries were now doing a merry dance blowing sideways and accumulating at an astronomical rate. Seeming to be the only car on the highway, I almost pulled over but instead I travelled on. Hitting a rough patch the car spun around flipping end on end and finally landing upside down in the ditch. I tried to get free but my seatbelt held me fast. My head hurt and my insides hurt. Hours went by and still I was stuck. I felt faint and the pain in my middle had gotten worse. I cried out for my mother. I feel like I’m talking to the air after all she’s dead.
Fading in and out and awaking to feel pain crying out again for my mother. I feel hands touching me, comforting me and I think I’m saved; but when I look over I see no one. I close my eyes against the pain and I hear my mother’s voice, “Hang in there baby. Help is coming.”
Minutes later I hear the door open and another voice say, “An ambulance is coming don’t worry you’ll be okay.”
I feel my mother’s hand leave mine when I reach the hospital and I’m afraid but in my ear I hear,” I love you baby and I’m always with you. You’ll be okay. Believe.”
The doctor says he doesn’t know how I survived all those hours but I do, my mother’s love saved me.

©Sheilagh Lee February 6, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment