Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Monday, November 19, 2018

Outfoxed

“Why have you brought me here?” I asked my uncle.
“It’s a beautiful autumn day in the forest; can’t you enjoy it?”
“This is all an illusion. It’s not autumn and the light is all wrong. How long have I been in this room?”
“This is a forest, not a room.”
“Let it go Uncle Damien.”
“You’ve passed the test, Seraphina.”
“How long have I been here?’
“How did you discern that in two minutes?”

I answered by changing the autumn forest to a wintry scene.

“Amazing, but you’re only fifteen who taught you to do that?”
“No one taught me. I’ve been able to enter people’s minds since I was five.”
“Enter people’s minds? That’s how you create the illusion?” Uncle Damien stated looking unhappy

I quickly erased the conversation about how I created illusions from his mind and let him think that the illusion was a fluke.

“I think you need to move in with me so I can teach you how to do illusions safely and simply,” Uncle Damien declared.

I just smiled and nodded. It would make my teen years so much easier to live with Uncle Damien my parents suspected my abilities were much more than they thought and it was becoming harder to fool them. I’d be able to do anything I wanted living with Uncle Damien. Last week I moved in Uncle Damien fooled me. He knew what I was up to all the time I might as well be in teen jail. This was no fun now I'd have to learn the way Uncle Damien wanted me to. 

©Sheilagh Lee  November 19, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment