Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, January 2, 2019

One day at a time


“It’s Christmas, cheer up,” my boyfriend, Ted stated.
“I can’t; unlike you my life isn’t rainbows and unicorns and beautiful bubbles that float to the sky. If I could paint this season I’d paint it black and retreat into a room until it all goes away.”
“I’m sorry. I’m not helping am I?”
“No, you’re not this is the first Christmas without my parents and I can’t handle it. I’m sorry I’m bringing you down.”
“Is there anything I can do?” Ted asked.
“Just be here with me when I need you and give me space when I don’t.”
“Would you like to go to see a movie with me for Christmas day?”
“But we always go to the park, see the lights, and skate like my parents always did.”
“Do you want to do that?”
“No, not this year so movie it is?”
“Yes, how about Mary Poppins returns?”
“Sounds good but what about your mom and dad?”
“We’ll see them the next day. I’m spending Christmas with my fiancée.”
“What?”
“I know you’re having a rough time right now but maybe sometime in the future you’ll consider marrying me?” Ted asked holding out a ring in a box.
I smiled and nodded yes. Ted insisted on a long engagement, we'll have our joy in two years. He wanted me to be sure. Ted has made a tough Christmas one to remember with joy. So maybe I can be happy just a little, one day at a time. My parents would want me to have love to after all.

©Sheilagh Lee  January 2, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment