Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Fallen Angel


     I was tired of being, good, kind what did it get me; but nothing in return. I had no money, no house to call my own and now no job. Redundancy it was still firing you and after I'd made the company prosper it didn't seem fair that the executives were now gutting the company and declaring bankruptcy. While they lined their pockets mine were now empty. 

      I decided to make a vow which I said aloud “No more Miss Nice Girl.”
Imagine my surprise when a creature in a black cloak with no face appeared before me and demanded, “Come with me.”
“Er, no,” I stated.
“Bravo, that’s the way to start your new resolve.”
“How do you know about that?”
“I’ve been watching you in the shadows. You’re a very interesting mortal.”
“What are you?”
“I am a fallen angel. I’m hoping if I do enough, maybe he’ll forgive me,” he answered, took off his cloak, showing a handsome face, “I ‘ll show you the good you’ve done over the years and what could happen if you stop being nice.”

    Clasping my hand he showed me the good, the bad, and the future. Everyone I knew was miserable and failing. How could I have made this much difference? Surely a few nice words and deeds couldn't have saved  them from all this?

“I don’t understand. The future is bad, if I’m not nice.”
“It’s like this everything you do creates a ripple. Your kindnesses over the years have helped many and turned lives around .You’ve made a difference in so many lives.”
“Thank you, for intervening. I’ll pray for you,” I said.
“Just continue to spread light and love and that will be thanks enough.”

My life changed that day I became happier and that made people around me react positively. I have a new job a new home and a new love, Bob. He likes my happy outlook and says it saves him from the big bad world we live in. I like myself better now and if someone treats me wrong I feel sorry fr them and then I feel better enough to project the image of me I like the best the happy go lucky me that makes the world feel like a better place. Try it you might even like it yourself.
©Sheilagh Lee  December 5, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment