Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuesday Writings~ Smile

Tuesday Writings~ Smile

Prompts this week: Impartiality,

Enlightened, Educated.

Smile

“Come on smile.”

      Those words echoed over and over in my mind. I wish I’d walked away, never responded to the ad for a model. I thought I was suave, sophisticated , enlightened, educated and I could handle anything, I was wrong. I was a much a fool for flattery as anyone. He was a photographer. He told me I was beautiful and hired me as the model for his ad. At first he just continued to flattery me giving me compliments that wore me down. He said he had impartiality to most subjects but that  I was his favourite  subject. The camera loved me. Foolishly, I started dating him. He seemed charming debonair and exactly what I wanted in man that is until I said I do. Then he insisted that I was flirting with other men if any man looked at me. He struck me for the first time and I forgave him. He insisted it wasn’t my fault, that I was beautiful, I was never to model again stay home and wait on him hand and foot. Like some simpering fool I obeyed him. The rosy glow of love had surrounded me with some kind of fog that made me think it was entirely my fault. That is until today. Today he blackened my eyes, after the convenience clerk smiled at me. When I protested he continued the beating breaking my ribs and my left arm. I thought I was going to die. 


      There’s banging on the apartment door; the police want to come in. The neighbour’s must have heard the gunshot. I step over David's body, let them in and hide a smile Time to fake some tears, tomorrow I can smile.
©Sheilagh Lee January 16,  2018

No comments:

Post a Comment