Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Friday, December 8, 2017

My #ThursThreads winning tale -More than a lifetime

PictureWINNER


More than a Lifetime
       

        I have lived many lifetimes; I am aware that each lifetime I’ve missed the mark of my reason for being here. I have been difficult, cranky and generally hard to be around.Why was I like that you ask? Each life I would meet her fall in love and then lose her…the woman who made me a better man; to disease or disaster, or to another man. No matter what I seemed to do it was inevitable. I decided this lifetime I would enjoy all my time with her and not be a sour man afterwards.  Maybe then instead of living life over and over again we could be together in the afterlife.
Tonight I found her again she was in the process of committing suicide.

“You’re better off here with me,” I told her.
“But you don’t even know me,” she cried.
“Maybe, but I will if you give me a chance,” I insisted.


She gave me the chance. We’ve been together for twenty years now the longest of any lifetime. She’s started to remember us now so I know our time is short. I went to the doctor’s this morning and it’s me that will be pulled away this time; but I hope and pray that all the good we’ve done in the last twenty years together will be rewarded. I wish for another lifetime together again. For it’s not a curse as I thought but a gift and I know I will always love her and she me.

©Sheilagh Lee December 7, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment