Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tantalizing Tuesday's Tete-tete's Offering #No.2- Climate Change

Tantalizing Tuesday's Tete-tete's Offering #No.2
Prompts”  1.)  caravan-
2.)  engulfed or engulf
3.) rebuild

                                                           Climate Change

            As I watched the caravan go up in smoke; people around me said don’t worry you can rebuild. Didn’t they see the same thing I saw my life engulfed in fire? How do you come back from loss like that? All my pictures were gone of my family and friends over the years… gone in a few moments. I was devastated. My mother and father were gone, where could I replace those pictures.


A few days later I dealt with the insurance company and of course that was a struggle to prove that my possessions existed; the only good thing my cousins offered me photos of my parents. Months went by and all those people who had offered me a place to stay dried up and still no insurance pay out. Finally after a year I could finally purchase a new trailer. I chose wisely and found a beautiful new trailer had it erected on my property. Today I’m moving out again and there’s no time to move my caravan as the fire rages a mile from my home. I think I’m going to move to another place where forest fires don’t rage. Climate change is real just ask my neighbours.
©Sheilagh Lee July 11, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment