Instead I'm surfing the net or watching Netflix, doing things to distract myself while I'm in pain/and or are tired, and or breathed-in/ ate / or were exposed to something that made me feel sick. Or all three? The days I do complain are usually my worst days when I feel I want to scream at the top of my lungs make this pain stop. The word I hate most is CANT. I don't know about others but I like to get things done. It's been hard to realize I have to tell myself you can't do this today; but it's worse telling others that I'm sorry you can't do what they think you should be able to do. Simple trips like going to the grocery store can be hard. Luckily I have a supportive husband who is beginning to understand when I need to leave and go home.
You're saying how's that even possible?
Others who have ME/CFS & FM cannot even get out of bed/ eat/ or live any type of normal life.
Fibromyalgia Quick Facts
- Affects 3 to 5 percent of the general population
- Occurs in people of all ages, even children
- Men develop fibromyalgia too, although more women are diagnosed with it
- Symptoms are chronic but may fluctuate throughout the day
- Roughly one-quarter of people with fibromyalgia are work-disabled
- FDA approved the first drug for fibromyalgia in 2007 and more treatments are being developed but most find no relief.