May 12th is International ME/CFS & FM Awareness Day in honour of that day and the fact that this week is International ME/CFS & FM Awareness Week
Fibromyalgia Quick Facts
- Affects 3 to 5 percent of the general population
- Occurs in people of all ages, even children
- Men develop fibromyalgia too, although more women are diagnosed with it
- Symptoms are chronic but may fluctuate throughout the day
- Roughly one-quarter of people with fibromyalgia are work-disabled
- FDA approved the first drug for fibromyalgia in 2007 and more treatments are being developed but most find no relief.