Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

Today would have been my mother’s birthday unfortunately  for us, her children, she died in 2001. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of her or remember how lucky I was to have her as a mother. 
Mom at 17                                                                            Mom later

            My mother had a hard life, with not a lot of money and a lot of strife but she never let anything get her down.She was always there if you needed a smile or a little bit of cheer. Though as I said we never had a lot of money growing up she always found something whether it be food clothing or funds to help someone who needed it. As she put it they needed it more than we did.  The greatest, most patient teacher, I ever had was my mother who taught me to read and how to do fractions and other math equations.

         Her heart as big as the ocean, her kindness knew no bounds and we still have people with no blood ties that we consider family just because mom had them stay with us when they had trouble at home. Our friends were always welcome and they'd even go to her for advice. 
          When ever I needed her she was there even if she struggled health wise herself. I know everyone says they had the best mother in the world but we really did. 




My heart still broken 
With words unspoken
Words reverberate in the stratosphere
Of wisdom and love
Coming down through the breeze

I’ll see you in the morning sun
And in the morning dew
As it glints over the grass
And over the time and space
I feel your presence
You haven’t left me
You’re with me still

And as I navigate through life
Your love will see me through
I will think of you mom
Dream of better times
Having fun chatting,dancing
Singing, while doing chores
Seeing the good, in even the bad,
For there's always tomorrows in store. 

Mother you taught me well,
For your kindness reverberates
In everything I do
My children remember you 
In deeds too.

You will live in our memories.
For one day we will see you again, Mother,
This was never adieu,
So Happy Birthday Mom.
I love you still~
©Sheilagh Lee  November 15, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment