Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lucky charm


“This is one stupid excuse for a holiday.” Brett stated
“It’s not a stupid holiday; St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland.” I answered.
“Do you believe that nonsense?”
“No but I enjoy the beer.”
“Why aren’t we drinking beer?” Brett whined
"Because we have a death to solve."
"So what did his friends say?"

“He chased a leprechaun, he claimed was his lucky charm and tripped down the embankment. Fell into the culvert, face first drowning in the shallow water.”
“You’re joking. You can’t believe that?” my partner retorted.
“Oh I believe he was drunk too much of that green beer, he and his foolish friends all thought they chased a leprechaun.”
I scrambled down the embankment to get a better look going into the long dark tunnel. A few seconds alter I came out and said
“I wish I’d been drinking some green beer because here’s the leprechaun “
The leprechaun came out grumpy and sullen.
“You disturb me rest again? All I wanted was some Guinness to wet me whistle but I forgot the craiceáilte people come out their shells on St. Patrick’s Day. Is it me fault da crazy Sassenach followed me back to me abode? He kept asking for me gold. I suppose you’ll want the same?
“No just an explanation about his death.”
“He chased me down the embankment, fell into da water, afore I could pull him out he was gone. I said me prayers and summoned the likes of ye.”
“So how are we going to write this up?” asked my partner.
“Death by misadventure. Just another St. Patrick’s Day.” I wrote in my casebook.

© Sheilagh Lee   March 17, 2012  

No comments:

Post a Comment