Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Monday, December 2, 2019

Wake


                                            WAKE
  The funeral began promptly at 2 p.m., people stood up and said glowing tributes which made me laugh and smile instead of cry.. My wife accepted all the condolences with grit and composure that no one would have expected of her; but she loved me and she wanted those who mourned me to have comfort before her own.
I couldn’t stand in anymore and I stood up from the back of the funeral home room.
“You bastard!! You’re not dead!!”Yelled a number of people.
“You should be dead!!”yelled my sister.
““That would be a sight worth seeing,” my grieving wife stated.
“I can explain,” I offered.
“Let’s hear it,” my twenty-one year old son insisted.
“I’m dying I have about six months but I wanted to see if anyone would care if I was gone.”
“You jerk! We’re you just going to take yourself off somewhere for the next six months while we grieved? ”asked my son.
“I hadn’t thought that far,” I admitted.
“We’re going home we’ll have the wake today everyone is invited back to our house for a party that is if you can forgive my husband,” my wife stated.
We had a rip roaring party that rocked the neighbourhood.  Then the doctor called the next day it seems he got the results mixed up with another patient and he claimed I could leave for another fifty years.  My wife says not if she can help it. she still hasn’t forgiven me but I’m working on it.

©Sheilagh Lee  December 2 , 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment