Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday's Writing #No 13- Siren

        Tuesday's Writing  #No 13- Siren

Prompts this week: luminance, essential, capacity

        The woman stood on the cliff, her red gold waist length hair trail behind her in the wind. For a moment I was thunderstruck by her beauty, her bright luminance lit the cliffside as she stood in utter stillness. Suddenly she turned and her green eyes met my inquisitive one. it was essential that I speak with her and capture her likeness.
    “I’d like to paint you,” I blurted.
    “What do you mean by that?’
    “I don’t mean any disrespect.”
    “So you aren’t suggesting you paint me nude?”
    “What do you take me for? But if that’s what you prefer I can adapt,” I leered.
She blushed, swallowed and then said, “Clothing is not optional.”
    “I accept.”

        I painted her on the cliffside slowly turned to me, her green eyes challenging me. Her red gold hair flowed behind her fanning out in the breeze in all its crowning glory. We laughed talked and got to know each other as we had a picnic every day as I painted trying to capture her likeness. Her capacity for love, kindness and her inner light filled me like nothing had filled me before. 


       I received many accolades for my painting as it was displayed in an art show. Y agent labelled it “Siren on a cliff” Many wanted to buy the painting but I refused even though I had made the siren mine. I’ll never tire of looking at my siren challenging me. 
         ©Sheilagh Lee September 26, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment