Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Excerpt from Stray Bullet –Part 47


Excerpt from Stray Bullet –Part 47

Prompts : Crisis, noun:  stage in a sequence of events at which the trend of all future events, especially for better or for worse, is determined; turning point, a condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change, a dramatic emotional or circumstantial upheaval in a person's life.
Decayed, adjective: decomposed, decomposing, rotten, putrescent, putrid, bad, off, spoiled, far gone, perished; moldy, festering, fetid, rancid, rank; maggoty, wormy.
Embarrassment, noun: mortification, humiliation, shame, shamefacedness, chagrin, awkwardness, self-consciousness, sheepishness, discomfort, discomfiture, discomposure, agitation, distress; shyness, bashfulness, difficulty, predicament, plight, problem, mess, imbroglio, bind, jam, pickle, fix, scrape, surplus, excess, overabundance, superabundance, glut, surfeit, superfluity; abundance, profusion, plethora.

   For those that have missed previous episodes Gee Bullet has been investigating the death of his police officers and stumbled onto the reasons behind them  (the fentanyl drug trade). His new wife, Tina was murdered their unborn baby, also born dead. He went to save his daughter and Aunt Louise from the drug kingpin and found his pal Gordon the FBI agent , near dead and saved him. His Uncle Tommy had gone to save Aunt Louise and Gee's daughter but they saved themselves crawling out the window. The assailant drug kingpin fled.  Gee went to confront the kingpin who turned out to be Perita, (Rita ) Gordon' girlfriend. She managed to get the upper hand and has taken Gee, Errol, the mayor her ex -husband  and her son prisoners.


Stray Bullet

“Don’t look at me like that Gee. This isn’t a crisis as long as you do as I want. We could negotiate about my information once I’m safe. Frankly, despite the fact that your little brat bit me, she’s the reason I didn’t kill you. That kid has gumption and I kind of admire her in some ways. Maybe if I had a loving father instead of some decayed old man, who embarrassed me I would have gone looking for love in all the wrong places and have ended up in a life of crime.”
“What happened to you, mom?”
“Good grief, Reginald do you really think I’d whine and bellyache about my childhood the way all those losers do? So I had a rough childhood. Who didn’t? I pulled myself up and used the men, who sought to use me. Just like that idiot father of yours over there!!”
“Didn’t you ever love me?” Ethan asked.
“I loved you when we were first married but then you cheated on me and that was that. Our marriage saved me from prostitution.”
“You were a hooker?” Ethan said horrified.
“Might as well have been. I was living off a sugar daddy when I met you.”
“But you were only twenty when we met.”
“I was eighteen, you boob! I had been living on the streets since I was fifteen. I ran away from home after my stepdaddy climbed in my bed. I hooked some but then I found out a sugar daddy would meet my needs and I found one. He was sweet and kind to me but when I met you when he visited Driftwood to look at the old pulp and paper factory. I fell for you, like a ton of bricks.  I put some strychnine in my sugar daddy’s coffee emptied out his bank accounts and erased any trace of me. Since they had all known me as Candy and since I’d worn a red wig (since he preferred redheads) they didn’t know who to look for and I was rich enough to start my new life with you.”
“Oh Rita if only I’d known,” the mayor responded.
“Men!! You’re so friggin’ gullible. I spin a story and you believe every word.”
“So it’s a lie again?” the mayor muttered.
“Maybe there’s some truth in it. I know I did love you but then you ruined it all. First you plowed through my money and then you allowed your brother to become mayor instead of you. I hated you after that and vowed you’d never get the best of me again.”
“John was a good mayor.”
“Aw, but was he a good brother? He lured me to his house drugged me and then raped me.”
“You’re saying you weren’t having an affair with him? That he… ”
“Had you going again didn’t I? I’m very convincing. Actually I drugged John and climbed in naked beside him.”
“Why?”
“John found out about my part in the new criminal organization. He wanted a cut of the business. I wasn’t ready to cut him in. I was a small peg on the ladder then. John tried to blackmail me. When that didn’t work he threatened to tell you we were having an affair. I pretended I was going to do what he wanted. I let him make love to me and then when he was drugged I silenced him once and for all. I then took the bedside lamp and bashed my head with it and waited for Louise to come home.”
“You killed John?” The mayor demanded.
“Who did you think killed him the Easter bunny?”

The mayor looked stunned and Reggie was no better.

“Now look what you’ve done, you worm. You’ve upset our son. You understand. Don’t you Reginald? I had to protect our life. I thought I could still have my boys, but your father took that away from me.”
“It’s okay mom. I still love you.”
“And I love you Reggie even though you sometimes disappoint me. We’ll have a good life in Brazil. You’ll have your choice of the women there to make me a grandma.”
“Grandma? The boy is only nineteen years old and you don’t look like any grandmother I’ve ever seen,” the mayor quipped.
“I know I don’t. That is the point; but I want to raise my grandchildren in luxury.”
“You didn’t even change a diaper the nanny or I did,” the mayor laughed.
“Shut-up!!”

Rita looked like she was going to shoot the mayor; but then she reined it in and said, “I know your game you want me to shoot you again so they’ll charge in. I’m not going to put you out of your misery just yet EthanBut don’t be mistaken if someone tries anything else I’ll shoot you without even blinking.”

To be continued next week

©Sheilagh Lee May 17, 2017

4 comments:

  1. Wow! A lot has happened while I was out of it.

    What a twisted woman. She had me going a time or two, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to work with what the universe deals you - great chapter Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete