Dear Readers

Fear not the Darkness, But What Lies Within, The recesses of our mind, The creepy cobwebbed corners,That lingers on and tickles us,With tingle feelings of alarm, The deep in the stomach, Pain we feel when we do warn, The fear is deadly it seeks, The deepest corner of our mind, It's just a story to alarm,Educate and provide entertainment for our minds. So read on dear reader, I hope you find the stories amusing and full of charm.






Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Three Word Wednesday-Stray Bullet- Part 43

Three Word Wednesday-Stray Bullet- Part 43

Meander, verb: zigzag, wind, twist, turn, curve, curl, bend, snake, stroll, saunter, amble, wander, ramble, drift, maunder, mosey, tootle, toodle.

Nameless, adjective: unnamed, unidentified, anonymous, incognito, unspecified, unsourced, unacknowledged, uncredited; unknown, unsung, uncelebrated, unspeakable, unutterable, inexpressible, indescribable; indefinable, vague, unspecified.

Oafish, adjective: stupid, foolish, idiotic, cretinous; ungainly, loutish, awkward, clumsy, lumbering, apelike, cloddish, Neanderthal, uncouth, uncultured, boorish, rough, coarse, brutish, ill-mannered, unrefined, rough-hewn; informal blockheaded, moronic, boneheaded, half-witted, lamebrained, thickheaded.

Prompts: Meander, verb: zigzag, wind, twist, turn, curve, curl, bend, snake, stroll, saunter, amble, wander, ramble, drift, maunder, mosey, tootle, toodle.

Nameless, adjective: unnamed, unidentified, anonymous, incognito, unspecified, unsourced, unacknowledged, uncredited; unknown, unsung, uncelebrated, unspeakable, unutterable, inexpressible, indescribable; indefinable, vague, unspecified.

Oafish, adjective: stupid, foolish, idiotic, cretinous; ungainly, loutish, awkward, clumsy, lumbering, apelike, cloddish, Neanderthal, uncouth, uncultured, boorish, rough, coarse, brutish, ill-mannered, unrefined, rough-hewn; informal blockheaded, moronic, boneheaded, half-witted, lamebrained, thickheaded.



    Uncle Tommy and Errol and I scampered across the lawn hiding behind trees until we reached the house. Uncle Tommy and Errol went around the back I went in the unlocked front door, gun raised.  I took down a man near the front door in a sleeper hold. I only hoped that was the only one of Rita’s men otherwise Uncle Tommy and Errol would also be facing her men. As I advanced towards the kitchen, I heard the sound of a shot and I feared what I would find.

     In the Calladen’s kitchen I found Rita her gun sitting against on the back of Reggie’s skull.  She didn’t see me; as I watched her for a few minutes trying to figure out the best way to disarm her without harming Reggie.
Rita was dressed all in a black and white scalloped tulle shirt paired with a white of the shoulder blouse with three quarter inch sleeves and ruffles. She finished her look with minimal make-up, red lipstick and red spiked four inch high heels. She looked as she had the first time I saw her so but I had to play this smart.

      I noticed the mayor lay prone on the floor holding his knee cap which was bleeding profusely as long with his thigh. So Uncle Tommy was correct she’d shot, the mayor. I thought. Hopefully the other shot I heard went into the wall.

“Mom, please I haven’t gone against you!!You’re my mother, why would I?” Reggie pleaded.
“Where’s your brother Ethan then?”
“He’s probably hanging out with Dillon,” Reggie argued.
“Dillon? I told your brother that boy was dirt. Did you call Ethan and leave the message like I told you?”
“I did. I promise, mom.”

    Like in slow motion I saw Errol charge in his gun raised and then Rita spun around a gun in left hand. In seconds Rita had subdued him. Rita then pressed a gun to his temple with her left hand as she used her right hand to continue to push a gun into the base of Reggie’s skull. I wanted to fire but that would have given off my position and have put Errol and Reggie in more danger.

“Kick your gun over there,” Rita commanded to Errol.

     Errol obeyed kicking his gun towards the back door and then sat next to the mayor who was sitting in blood holding his right knee cap.

Suddenly Rita became aware like a six sense that I was there. Her head swivelled not pausing from holding the gun to Reggie skull rotating his body to face me.

“Quit meandering there, you oafish fool. Have you come to join my party? I wondered when you get here, Gee. Did my nameless minion not stop you at all? Is he dead?”
“No, your man is alive.”
“You’re a lucky man then. Drop your gun first before you come any further or I’ll shoot Errol and then Reggie,” Rita exclaimed.

    I didn’t want to obey her but Reggie and Errol’s lives were at risk. I put down my gun at her feet and she kicked it over towards the front door. I hoped Uncle Tommy could get us out of this one.

To be continued next week



©Sheilagh Lee April 19, 2017

2 comments:

  1. I was half hoping he would have shot her before she noticed him. Now it is far more difficult to resolve this without someone being killed. Now there is a whole week with the wounded ones bleeding before it can be resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes but Gunnar is smart he'll defeat her somehow.

    ReplyDelete